1. Realizing all related information about the mold:
Better to check the mould making design layout and material property, study carefully.
2. Before loading mold on the machine, check all mechanical movement”
Checking whether there is scratch, component lacking or loose situation or not …etc.
Checking molding direction, slide plate movement is correct or not…water channel and venting connector leaking or not.
3. When making sure all mold movement is correct, choose the proper mold trial machine or mass production machine, before choosing, pay attention to the following points:
a. the max. shot size of molding machine is enough or not for running this mold.
b. In between tie bar size is enough for putting this mold or not.
c. Mold movement stroke size of this machine is enough for running this mold or not.
d. The rest of mold trial or mass production tools or accessories are all ready or not.
After above points checking are all ok, load on the mold. After the mold is loaded, checking carefully for all mold’s mechanical movement (such as mold open, mold close, slides, ejector pin…etc) is correct or not. Next step is to pay attention to the mold-spotting movement, at this moment, operator should decreases the mold close pressure, to check/see and listen whether there is any unsmooth movement or strange sound or not under the machine manual type and low speed mold-spotting movement condition.
4. Mold temperature:
Per the material’s property and the mould tool size to choose the appropriate mold temperature controller to heat up the needed mold temperature. Waiting mold temperature is up, need to check once again for all above movement. Because the mold steel might be with heat expanding and causing mold stocking situation. Therefore, need to watch all movement in order to avoid causing any dragged-damage or mold thrilling situation.
5. Suggesting to adjust mold trial parameter once with only one condition, in order to analyze the single parameter adjustment affecting the parts result variation in detail.
6. Per the material’s difference, baking the material with the appropriate temperature.
7. Try to use the same material for both mold trial and the future mass production.
8. Do not use the second hand material, if there is any color requirement, try to trial the material color together with the mold trial.
9. Before the mold trial, need to adjust well the mold close pressure and try to see few times of movement to see whether the mold spotting pressure is uneven or not, in order to avoid causing the parts flash or mold deformation.
Before making the first shot, checking the following once again:
a. Material adding process is too long or too short.
b. Pressure is too high or too low
c. Material filling speed is too fast or too slow
d. Cycle time is too long or too short.
In order to avoid the parts short shot, breaking, deformed, flash or mold damage.
If cycle time is too short, ejector pin will break through the parts or squeezed damage the parts,
So, need to have well-considered of all situation and prepare the necessary solution, only by that you can avoid serious and expensive loss.